Chocolate dipped PAINT BRUSH rice crispy treat recipe
- 4 tbsp (56g) butter
- 5 cups (225g) mini-marshmallows
- 5 3/4 cups (152g) Rice Krispies
- White melting chocolate
- Popsicle sticks
The basics of making Rice Krispies treats are simple. Here’s how it goes:
- Over low, low heat, melt the butter in a pot
- Once it’s melted, add the marshmallows
- Still with low heat, stir the marshmallows until thoroughly melted and cook another minute
- Turn off heat
- Stir in cereal
- Transfer to buttered pan
- Cover with wax paper and press down
- Let cool for 20 minutes and cut it up
- Melt chocolate in microwave (30 seconds, stir, 30 seconds stir etc.) till ready
- Poke hole in treat, dip stick in melted chocolate which will act as “glue” to hold the stick in place
- Dip treat in melted chocolate and set on waxed paper to dry
- Package and Enjoy!
If you’ve made Rice Krispies treats before, all of this should be familiar. I just want to emphasize the low heat. The flame should just tickle the bottom of the pan. Be patient, it still doesn’t take that long.
Extra: For easy clean-up, just soak the pot in hot water and give it a few minutes
With the technique down, let’s make some treats!